not gonna lie. the name came before the content.
WHAT IS(N’T) THE BARBERSHOP?
this is not a “what’s-in-my-bag” photography workshop where we’ll discuss the thrills of off camera flash or the cunning science of my business plan. no sir.
i’ve invested the last 5 years into this project + being constantly aware of my weaknesses. i’ve been making mistakes, researching + speaking to other photographers about their weaknesses + it turns out i wasn’t alone.
i’ve met wayyy too many photographers who invest (time-wise, emotionally + financially) in caring about ‘overground’ stuff (software updates, latest gear etc) that isn’t all *that* big of a deal.
THE BARBERSHOP takes it back to basics + encourages you to unselfishly invest that energy in yourself. just for a change. most photographers include their actual name as the name of their business, + so, in short – you (as in your approach, your outlook, character + personality) are the foundation of your entire business. personally… i think that’s a big deal + worth a closer look.
THE BARBERSHOP is about you. as an artist + as a human being.
- how to engage with your couples on a genuine level
- how to get organic expressions using stoopid-proof techniques
- how to turn posing on it’s head
- how to sing in your own voice (we’re not actually singing, guys)
- how to overcome creative dead ends + never hit ‘em again
- how to be hated (that’s a positive thing, by the way)
- how to set + annihilate insane ambitions, dreams + goals
- how to stop + switch your brain off (simple methods of maintaining healthy for work/life balance)
- how to reclaim your positivity + fulfillment towards your work, life + discomfort zone
+ loads (like literally loads) more, including a full shoot with a real couple (no dolls here – that’d be weird – even by my standards) before heading back to share with you my ultimate lazy boy workflow. i’m even tempted to explain my no-to-blog-comments theory.
THE BARBERSHOP will be announced VERY SOON. places are super limited so if you would like to be a part of this, you’ll need to sign up to the newsletter below a-sappedy-sap:
See you there, party people!